What is Expanded polystyrene ?
Expanded Polystyrene foam is a white foam plastic material produced from solid beads of polystyrene. It is widely used for packaging, insulation, etc. However, it causes a lot of problems for living environment with below properties :
– Expanded polystyrene recycling is very difficult. It can’t be “recycled in a manner that is economically feasible” or “environmentally effective“. It often ends up in landfills, where it doesn’t biodegrade.
– Production process causes air pollution because of using toxic chemicals
Project of alternative material for Expanded Polystyrene by Cassava core
For above environmental problems of Expanded Polystyrene material, we’d like to introduce our project to everyone:
This project will help to reduce Expanded Polystyrene waste in the environment. We make this Eco-foam from Cassava that very easy to grow in Vietnam. We only grow it one time and harvest the trees (trunks and branches) about 6-7 times to make Eco-foam. It only takes about 1 months to harvest. Then we are no need to grow again, the buds develop into new trees quickly. The root of cassava has been also harvested in the last time to apply for another industries. All are economically.
Cassava can be grown in the severe weather. They contribute to cover the green for our earth, reduce carbon emission and create more Oxygen for pure living air. This project will also help farmers have extra income and sustainable development in the future.
Environmental and Economically Benefit of Project
– Reduce toxic emission: production process of plastic foam make more toxic emission for our living environment. Eco-foam is produce to replace plastic foam. Production process and input materials are all friendly
– Reduce plastic waste foam: Eco-foam can be easy to decompose naturally. They can replace plastic foam in the near future. Plastic foam is a petroleum-based non-biodegradable foam that have serious impacts upon human health, wildlife, and aquatic environment.
– Cover green for our living environment: Developing of cassava area can contribute to reduce CO2 emission, create more Oxygen and cover green for our earth
– Create extra incomes for farmers and more jobs for the society
– This project will make the packaging industry in the world change for better
– The project can be replicated at scale in all tropical countries. In these countries, cassava can be easy to grow and develop
Below are some sample pictures of Eco foam:
Great Idea to reuse plastic bottles
Do you know what microplastics is?
After 3 months in force, India’s single use plastic ban has failed
Single use plastic bags is on the way out at California grocery stores
Bill Gates says telling people to stop eating meat or wanting to have a nice house will not solve the climate crisis
Duckweed “Superfood” In Future
Why You Should Start Wearing Bamboo Fabric
PET Plastic Recycling By Breakthrough Enzyme Technology
New discovery: Beetle Larva can eat and decompose Styrofoam
Hope To solve Plastic Pollution Thanks To Bacteria